Internationalisation of Doctoral Education at the University of Oldenburg
IPID4all - Mobile Doctorates in System Integration of Renewable Energy provides students with the possibility of participating in international research exchanges. The goals of these exchanges are:
- transfer of knowledge between international institutions researching in the field of renewable energy
students can experience the labs and research opportunities provided by the chosen host institution
Open to students and researchers from the University of Oldenburg, Next Energy and OFFIS as well as from their international partner institutions. The following options are available:
- Doctoral Student Exchange (incoming and outgoing): Funding up to three months for research stays at Oldenburg University (for incoming doctoral students) or at an international partner institution (for outgoing doctoral students)
- Internships (incoming): Funding of up to three months for research stays in Oldenburg. Open to master students from an international (partner) institution, e.g. for Master Thesis
- Short visits (incoming): Funding of up to four weeks for master graduates from an international (partner) institution for visits to Oldenburg University; e.g. to get to know the research group and lab facilities with a view to being offered a research position in Oldenburg
- Senior researchers (incoming and outgoing): Funding of up to eight days for fact finding missions or guest lectures
- Conference visits (incoming and outgoing): Funding of conference visits at Oldenburg university (for incoming doctoral students) or internationally (for outgoing doctoral students). Only for active participation (presentation or poster)
The stay may, of course, be longer than the maximum stay we can fund.
The funding includes travel expenses and a daily allowance; all amounts are fixed by the DAAD and are not negotiable (more information can be found on the IPID4all application website); ARV ('Auslandsreisekostenverordnung') for outgoing senior researchers.
Please note that for all funding applications a 20% co-financing is required. This 20% is to be provided by the research group / institution and not the applicant personally.
Please check the IPID4all application website for details of the actual Call for Exchange Proposals and for further information on the application procedure.
You can find a list of feedback and experience reports written by students whose research exchange was funded by IPID4all here.
IPID4all Mailing List
If you would like to receive updates from the IPID4all team about upcoming events or Calls for Exchange Proposals you may subscribe to our IPID4all mailing list.